Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spring Program

Samuel had his Spring Program at school last week. Last year he just sat on the stage and stared out at the audience - no singing, no hand movements to the songs, nothing. I wasn't sure if he would do the same this year or not. In this first video below, you can see that he was quite happy to sing the songs for us at home. This song is called "My God is So Big" and one verse is sung normally, one in a whisper, one in a shout, etc... I'm not exactly sure how the little dance at the end fits into the song, but maybe he is just preparing for a career on stage with Michael Flatley.



In this second video (taken at the concert) you can see that he is actually singing the song. I didn't manage to get it on tape, but in between the songs (his class sang 2 songs total) he said "mommy can you get me down from here?" The people who heard this thought it was very funny.



Doesn't he look so grown up in his little button down shirt?


2 comments:

Inka Tikkanen-Pietikäinen said...

Cute! I've read bits and pieces of your blog so far and I have to say as somebody else stated earlier on in the comments: You guys are such good parents! For a long-lost friend as myself, your blog is also a very handy and entertaining way of getting up-to-date with your lives! Hugs, I'll try to write you a real letter one of these days!

Bridget Zucco said...

Sammie, WONDERFUL JOB!!! I love that song. It's one of my favorites. I'm so glad you learned it. You look like quite a tap dancer kiddo.

So much energy....whew.