Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Running Club

Our school offers a Running Club for 3rd-5th graders in the fall and spring. Kids meet twice a week for 5 weeks and work on increasing their endurance and running form. Each week run for a little bit longer and track their time in a journal. At the end of the 5 weeks, there is a 1-mile race that the running clubs from all 6 of the elementary schools in the district compete in.

Samuel didn't want to do Running Club in the fall, but I told him he didn't really have a choice in the spring, I was going to sign him up whether he wanted to or not (because, left to his own devices, he would choose to play the ipad all day long, and as a mean mom, I felt it necessary to force him to participate in an extracurricular activity.)

He surprised me by really enjoying it. I don't have any pictures from the practices, but here are a few from the 1 mile race:





He didn't get a medal or anything, but he got a free t-shirt and water bottle, and I think he may like those just as much.

No comments: