Thursday, March 6, 2008

Snowman

Last week we built a snowman outside. It looked kind of like the snowman version of Charlie Brown's Christmas tree (kind of small and pathetic looking), and all I could find for the eyes were radishes, which made the snowman look slightly evil.) At any rate, it was a snowman:



Samuel wasn't quite sure of it at first:



But then he decided he liked it, and here he is giving it a hug:





Samuel has become quite the ham lately. He'll say to us "I say cheese?" and then want you to go get the camera. He'd like to actually take the pictures himself, but with his reputation for breaking things, it's probably not the best idea (all of our thermometers are for some reason set to Celsius. How does a 2 year old know how to reprogram a thermometer?)

Here is is after wrestling with Ernie, showing you his new posing for the camera face:



And another one:



Notice he's wearing the hat in both pictures. He has become totally obsessed with that Mickey Mouse hat. Erin sent that to him when he was about 3 months old. Now it's almost too small for his giant head, but he still loves to wear it anyway.


Some funny things he has said lately:

  • If you ask him if he wants more of something to eat and he's full, he'll say "no kank you, I good."
  • The other day he asked me where something was and I told him, and then he said "you a smart boy, Mommy"
  • I was eating a starburst the other day when I got him up from his nap and he said "what in your mouth? it taste yummy in my tummy?" He's never had those before, but apparently they just smelled like they tasted good to him.
  • He likes to tell us he's a kid, but doesn't quite understand he can be a kid and be getting taller at the same time, so if you tell him he is growing, he'll say "I not growing. I kid."