Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Weekend Pictures

One of Samuel's newest games is to get in his car and pretend he's going to work. He'll say "bye guys (he calls me and Ernie "guys" all the time now) I go work." Then 2 seconds later he's home and we need to ask him if he had a nice day.

Here he is going off to work wearing not only his mickey hat, but also a bowl, which he insists is a cowboy hat (he takes it on and off and says "hee-haw".)



Ernie has been building a piece of furniture for our house. It's a combination storage box/sweater trunk/bench. Here are pictures of it so far. We still need to get a cushion for the top, and Ernie needs to sand and finish it, but you can get a general idea what it will look like:





Here are Ernie and Samuel reading on the couch:



And, finally, here's a picture of the coolest clock ever:




Why is this clock so cool? Well, for starters, you just plug it in and it sets itself - automatically it knows what month, day, and time it is. If it ever gets unplugged, or the power goes out during a storm, it will reset itself when the power comes back on (it resets the alarm, too.) Also, this weekend it automatically knew that it was time to spring forward for daylight savings time, so it just changed the time itself in the middle of the night.

Maybe I think it's so cool because before I got this clock a few months ago, I had the SAME alarm clock I bought in the 7th grade. Obviously technology has come a long way since then. If anyone needs a new clock, I'd highly recommend this one. We bought it at Walmart for about $15 (make sure to get the one with the red display. We bought one with a blue LED display at first, but had to return it because it was like sleeping with a spotlight in the room. Way too bright.)

1 comment:

Jennifer McHam said...

I LOVE the storage piece and also the alarm clock!! I'm going to get one of those!! now if I can just get Mark to build a storage chest like that too.....!! ;)
xoxo
Jen