Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Mine, Mine, Mine

Lately the favorite words around our house are "my" and "mine", as in "my cup" "my car" or "my milk". Samuel seems to view Bella as the most likely threat to his things. We have no idea why. Poor Bella just gets told many times a day by Samuel "No Bella, it's MY toy" or "No Bella, it's MY grape". Even things Bella clearly could care less about. Or even if we're driving in the car and Bella is at home he'll still say "No Bella, it's MINE."

Apparently this is a one-sided deal. Poor Bella does not get to call dibs on her own things:



I ran across these toddler sharing rules:

1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If it's in my hand, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a while ago, it's still mine.
5. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
6. If I'm doing or building something, all the pieces are mine.
7. If if looks like mine, it is mine.
8. If I see it first, it's mine.
9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
10. If it's broken, it's yours.

Pretty accurate around our house these days!

2 comments:

Bridget Zucco said...

Oh my, my, my. No words to describe how absolutely true and precious this is. And Belle with one eye ready for the grand escape. Oh this is just too enjoyable.

Jennifer McHam said...

ha! how funny!