Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pregnancy Brain



According to google:

"Pregnancy brain is a condition that affects expectant mothers, usually during the first and third trimesters. Sometimes known as placenta brain or baby brain drain, the condition is usually characterized by short-term memory loss or forgetfulness. Some medical experts say that pregnancy brain is a myth, but evidence shows that many women have experienced this condition."

Here are some of the ways I am doing my part in proving that pregnancy brain is real:

1. After running the tub the other night for about 5 minutes, I realized the water hadn't gotten very full. Then I noticed that I never put the drain stopper in.

2. After writing a check, I noticed I was on the last check in that book. I ordered brand new checks without remembering that I had an entire box of checks at home. So now I am the proud owner of 2 sets of checks with the same exact #s on them.

3. One day at 5:00 pm I noticed that I had been wearing my shirt backwards for the entire day.

Here are a couple of pictures of me and my pregnant brain and belly at 21 and 22 weeks:






I feel like I am much bigger much sooner this time around, but I have been told that's common. I can feel the baby move quite a bit now, which is neat. I go tomorrow for a checkup at the doctor's. I can't remember when they start measuring you with the tape measure. Maybe that will happen this time. If it does, I will post an update.

4 comments:

tim said...

My wife has most certainly never done anything weird at all while pregnant. Oh wait ... :)

Jen said...

Ha! I love the shirt comment. Pierce wasn't sleeping through the night yet when I realized halfway through the day one day that my underwear was on inside out and backwards. At least I'm in good company ... :) !!

Honeycutt Family said...

Congrats on your 2nd pregnancy, Sara! I'll be checking back in every now and then to see how it is going. Take care!!!! :)

aunti_bridget said...

I think pregnancy brain settles in permantly with last child. It HAS to. It MUST be the answer.