Friday, July 10, 2009

Cousins, Identical Cousins

I remember watching reruns of The Patty Duke Show on Nick at Night a million years ago. If I remember correctly, part of the song lyrics go:

"Because they're cousins, identical cousins, and you'll find - they laugh alike, they walk alike, at times they even talk alike. You can lose your mind, when cousins are two of a kind."*

Samuel and Lilly - these lyrics are so not about you. Here's a picture from last weekend when Meg and Lilly were here. It shows their different personalities quite well:



And here are pregnancy pictures from week 25 and week 26. For some reason, I did not take pictures at week 23 or 24. (sorry, baby #2, that you already seem to be getting the short end of the stick when it comes to picture taking.)

25 weeks:



26 weeks:



I can feel the baby move all the time now. What used to feel like gentle little nudges has turned into something more like a cat trapped in a bag. If these movements are any indication of whether this baby is going to be as active as Samuel, I think we are going to be in trouble.

* Why does my brain remember these lyrics from 25 years ago when it cannot remember simple things like, oh, I don't know, checking to be sure my shirt is not backwards before putting it on.

1 comment:

Jennifer McHam said...

You crack me up! :) One time, when Pierce wasn't sleeping through the night yet, I realized about mid-morning that my underwear was on inside out and backwards. That was awkward.